Previous Posts

Monday 11 February 2013

XB2002 - Spaceship Interiors Created

Upon deciding what I wanted my ship to look I then set upon creating the texture sheet I was going to create my modular assets with. For this I looked a range of sources such as ship interiors from Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica to give my spaceship a very industrial look and feel to it.


From this texture sheet I have a door, 3 lower wall components, along with 3 main wall and higher wall components, as well as a corner piece, a wall light component and finally 2 roof components, one with a light and one without.

3D modular assets ready to be exported into udk


I was very happy with how my assets turned out and was very excited to export them into udk and get creating my ship. Sadly however there were some issues with certain faces not being present on some assets whilst others had a completely broken pivot that was miles away from the actual object. It appeared that udk doesn't like planes for some reason so I had to add a bit of thickness to all of my assets and I then just moved the pivots myself using the grid within udk so that everything snapped together nicely.

Simple corridor in editor

I was very happy with the way the corridor came out, however when I preview it everything is quite big so I think I shall scale everything down once I've pieced everything together. Additionally I may have to rethink my corner piece as I think currently it might be a little thin to act properly as a corner piece but I guess we shall just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment