Previous Posts

Tuesday 9 April 2013

DD2000 - New Assignment: Future in Industry

I have been given a new task which is to conduct some research into the industry however more specifically the field of work I wish to enter and get into. So I will be looking at how many jobs are on the go for 3D within the UK, possibly more specifically character modeling as it is something I've rather recently thoroughly enjoyed doing alongside some light animation to really bring the characters to life, check out XB2178 for that.

Additionally I am to look at the skills necessary to be employed just as mudbox/zbrush sculpting and what I must do to achieve those skills. I also aim to state that I have been interacting more with the 3D community online such as joining tumblr and showing my artwork there as well as joining the Polycount forum and showing my work there as well as giving people my professional (and sometimes not) opinion on something wonderful they've created and lastly following people who work within the games industry.

I also must address what I plan to do upon leaving the university with my BA Games Design Degree, whether I plan to get an unrelated job, try to get employed with it or pursue further education with an MA in Games Design in Preston.

However before I start I shall do some research.

No comments:

Post a Comment