Previous Posts

Friday 9 November 2012

XB2002 - Plinth

In this modules we will naturally do quite a lot of 3D models however the renders could possibly make them seem isolated and so we were instructed to make a plinth or a base so that we have a rotating platform to present our work.

We were asked to create a plinth that looked hand crafted and had rotating cogs in it and so I went for a tall elegant looking platform showing the inner workings of it with rotating cogs and a rotating platform at the top which will present all angles of the model.


I've even added glass to the disc that rotates around so that you can see cogs within the top disc which is what rotates around and shows all side of the object.


I really liked creating the glass and using it as it created a really cool look to it as you can see that the image behind it does get refracted slightly. And all I had to do was simply follow this easy tutorial: http://www.3dvalley.com/tutorials/creating-realistic-glass-material-in-3ds-max/


Finally here is my plinth complete with a base showing the inner workings along with a crank handle reminiscent of a gramophone.

I am quite happy with this piece however I am slightly worried that you won't see much of it since it is just a base and the main focus of my renders will be of the actual models and not this base, however this was definitely good practice

No comments:

Post a Comment