Previous Posts

Thursday 18 October 2012

XB2002 - First Assignment




 After getting back into grips with 3DS Max and modelling using more than one object I have been given my first assignment of the year.

It is to create a 3D model of one of Ashley Woods' robots from his World War Robots series, and then to texture and use some basic rigging to get it set up into some poses. I am thrilled to have this assignment as the robots themselves do look fairly basic in certain areas but more importantly, they look badass.



Although before I can start to model I must first choose a robot and then do a quick sketch of it, as well as create blueprints of it to aid me in the modelling process. Although choosing a robot in itself is a rather hard task in itself as all of them do look very very good indeed and there is quite a variety of them.


Although I'm not a huge fan of big heavy clunky things that I would deem slow and ponderous (not to mention a tad overkill) I am going to go for the Mk3 Berties, mode A, i.e. the one with a spas-12 shotgun, as I really like the proportions of the robot and I think it just looks great whilst holding a shotgun and hip height.


No comments:

Post a Comment