Previous Posts

Thursday 18 April 2013

XB2001 - Level Design

The next process was to do the level design work and plan out what was going to happen within my level, what the gameplay features were going to be and what horror elements I would introduce.


Above is the level I aimed to great where the player would start at the bottom and work their way up and explore the area whilst finding clues and hints that would guide them to where they are meant to go next.


At the moment I am thinking of approaching the level design as very open and free and allowing player's to choose where to go with multiple ways of getting to point B or C etc. This means however that I will have to be thoughtful when it comes to placing lights and assets to direct the player where they need to go.

However I may alter this as it could be quite difficult to successfully direct the player and so I might close off some doors just to limit where the player can go a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment